Thursday, July 24, 2014

Really enjoyed today's challenge of making an iMovie.  I will definitely attempt this at home.

When asked about my local vision...I definitely see myself becoming an advocate for more technology in the school.  I now see a reason for it, whereas before it felt vague.  I also still am a neophyte and so whether I can be effective in using technology is the question to be answered.  I admit I kind of dreaded this class, but I ended up finding it super useful and interesting.  As one of my classmates said, it will be hard to go back to school and not sort of spew all this stuff at people.  I want to share, but I want to feel confident that I can explain what I am saying.  So I will start small, with people I trust, and see if anything snowballs.  For all I know there are already a bunch of techies doing their thing in their classrooms already.

I have invested more time into my final project than is evidenced in it's outcome, but I think the fact that time went quickly while working means I am on to something.  Driven by innovation and autonomy.

2 comments:

  1. Love your last line...what you present will be fine. I see you really making a mark at LOHS. Don't feel you need to be knowledgeable about every tool. It's the philosophy of child-centered, authentic tasks and autonomous kids that you're impacting for a lifetime. Start scoping out the colleagues warm to this idea and team up with them. Then you build an argument to your power-brokers that can't be refuted. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! It will be hard not to spew at people, but you know what? I think that is how we will retain of this information - by spewing at people! I've spent the whole week talking about what I've been learning to anyone who will listen! Including talking about the "Brain Rules" book to my doctor yesterday at my doctor's appointment. The more I talk to others, the more the information gets engrained in my brain! :) I say, spew on! :)

    ReplyDelete